Getting this version (for Sitecore 8.0 update 4) of the Email Experience Manager to work takes a few more steps than are in the provided documentation. These steps can be found throughout the internet but I thought I would collect them here. Subscription Form type is unavailable EXM comes with a sublayout called the Subscription... Continue Reading →
I recently needed to create a process that would run in the CD (content delivery) environment. This process will create items that need to be organized with folders and the CD environment only has access to the Web database. We decided to use the News Mover module to accomplish this. it does a great job of organizing... Continue Reading →
Two forms on one page is a problem, but fear not! There is a way to validate each post action to determine if it is the correct action for the current form post.
This is a follow-up to my previous post: Configuring Solr to provide search suggestions So everything is set up in Solr, but now we need to get the response in our .NET code. Assuming the following: All we need to do is set up the querystring parameters, instantiate the SolrConnection and do a GET. In this... Continue Reading →
I needed to provide search term suggestions based on characters that the user has typed into the search box. Doing this is pretty easy with Solr, an open source enterprise search platform, powered by Java, Apache and Lucene. If you're using a version prior to 4.8, this can be accomplished using the SpellCheckComponent. See this document for... Continue Reading →
Not too long ago I was deploying changes through the various environments that our client has. We did not have a tool like TDS or Razl to help with this, so we used Sitecore packages. Due to multiple languages and extensive changes to templates and content these packages were very large with thousands of items.... Continue Reading →